Telefónica Research, Barcelona, Spain (Feb. 2020 - Today)
- Researcher (Mobile Systems, Privacy Preserving Machine Learning, Mobile Sensing, Human-Computer Interaction)
Imperial College, London, UK (Jun. 2018 - Jan. 2020)
- Research Associate (Privacy, Mobile Sensing, Machine Learning)
Telefónica Research, Barcelona, Spain (Jun. 2016 - Dec. 2016; Jul. 2017 - Oct. 2017)
- Research Intern (Mobile Sensing, Machine Learning, Human-Computer Interaction)
Hiver, London, UK (Oct. 2015 - Sep. 2017)
- Co-Founder & CTO (Mobile Systems, Mobile Sensing, Machine Learning)
Engineered Arts, Penryn, UK (Apr. 2013 - Aug. 2013)
- Research Intern (Human-Robot Interaction)
Queen Mary University of London, UK (Sep. 2009 - Jul. 2018)
- Ph.D. Candidate (Mobile Sensing, Crowd Sensing)
- Research Assistant (Human-Computer Interaction)
- M.Sc. Student (Software Engineering)
Philips Medical Systems, Böblingen, Germany (Sep. 2007 - Sep. 2009)
- Research & Development Engineer in Patient Monitoring Products (Real-time embedded systems)
Philips Medical Systems, Böblingen, Germany (Sep. 2006 - Mar. 2007)
- Software Developer Intern (Information Retrieval)
University of Applied Sciences of Thessaloniki, Greece (2001 - 2006)
- Informatics Engineer (Undergraduate studies)
Associate Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London
Teaching Assistant (TA) at Queen Mary University of London
MSc / MEng
Part of a Roundtable discussing Privacy and Personal Data
PIMs Business Opportunities Workshop, Online, Feb. 23, 2021.
Federated Policy-Based Private Analytics
Brave Software, London, UK, May 7, 2020.
High-Accuracy Energy Measurements on Mobile Devices
2nd UK Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Systems Research Symposium
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Oxford, UK, Jul. 1-2, 2019.
[presentation, abstract, web]
Mobile Sensing and Wearable Technology
Sensing and IoT Course at Imperial College London
London, UK, Nov. 2018 - 2019.
Detecting Social Interactions using Multi-Modal Mobile Sensing
1st UK Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Systems Research Symposium
Computer Laboratory, Cambridge, UK, Sept. 12-13, 2018.
[presentation, abstract, web]
Analysing Crowd Behaviours using Mobile Sensing
Telefónica Research, Barcelona, Spain, December 13, 2017.
Introduction to Mobile Sensing Technology
Digital Media and Social Networks Course at Queen Mary University of London
London, UK, Feb 2014 - 2019.
Best Paper Award for "PPFL: Privacy-preserving Federated Learning with Trusted Execution Environments", presented at ACM MobiSys '21, June 2021.
Best Demo Award for "BatteryLab, A Distributed Power Monitoring Platform For Mobile Devices", presented at ACM SenSys '19, November 2019.
Best Poster Award for "SensingKit: A Multi-Platform Mobile Sensing Framework", presented at the 2015 Marconi Society Symposium - "The Future Infrastructure of the Internet of Things", Paul Baran Young Scholars Poster Session, October 2015. [poster]
Brendan Murphy prize for presenting "Walking in Sync: Two is Company - Three’s a Crowd” at the 2015 Next Generation Networking, Multi-Service Networks workshop, July 2015.